A UBA thought leadership program focused on laws and issues to help employers mitigate risk
What Employers Need to Know About
Tuesday, April 14, 2020 | 2:00 p.m. ET / 11:00 a.m. PT
This webinar will help plan sponsors understand the compliance issues surrounding retiree health plan coverage.
This webinar will:
This 60-minute intermediate level webinar will help employers understand the compliance issues surrounding retiree health plan coverage.
- Discuss which health care reform mandates and HIPAA portability rules retiree-only coverage is exempted from
- Discuss whether retirees that are included in a health plan covering active employees can be treated differently than active employees (i.e., different contributions and benefits) and the nondiscrimination rules that should be taken into account
- Discuss the effect of offering retiree coverage on an employer’s COBRA obligations
- Discuss how the Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) rules and Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) apply to retirees in contrast with individuals with current employment status
- Provide a brief overview of reporting obligations retiree-only plans must comply with including 1094/1095 reporting, Form 5500, Summary Annual Report (SAR), and Section 111 MSP reporting
- Provide a broad overview of the retiree drug subsidy program
Lorie Maring – Partner with Fisher Phillips
Lorie is a partner in the Atlanta office and a member of the Employee Benefits Practice Group. She has extensive experience in all areas of employee benefits, including health and welfare programs, qualified and non-qualified retirement plans and executive compensation. She routinely advises employers, including non-profit and government employers, trade associations and employee benefit insurance and risk management consultants on the complex compliance and day-to-day issues arising under ERISA and other state and federal laws governing employee benefit plans and programs.
Lorie also advises employers on compliance issues involving the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Affordable Care Act (ACA), employment tax, the employee benefits and executive compensation aspects of mergers and acquisitions, and handling IRS and DOL audits and ACA penalty assessments.
This webinar event has been sent for approval by the Human Resource Certification Institute and the Society for Human Resource Management to qualify for 1 recertification credit hour.
Register for this webinar today while seating is still available. The webinar is 60 minutes and is an exceptional educational value for only $200. This webinar event has been submitted to the Human Resource Certification Institute and the Society for Human Resource Management to qualify for 1 recertification credit hour.
The presentation will be posted on the UBA website the day before the webinar.